Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Privacy-First Edition
Back to NNN
Technology

Trump says Netanyahu will do ‘whatever I want him to do’ following ‘dramatic’ call about Iran strikes

Add The New York Post on Google President Trump insisted Wednesday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will do whatever he wants him to do regarding Iran strikes after the two leaders held a “dramatic” call overnight as high-stake talks about ending the war drag on.

“He’s a very good man, he’ll do whatever I want him to do,” Trump said when asked whether he’d given Netanyahu a timeline for resuming strikes against Tehran.

“And he’s a great guy … Don’t forget, he was a wartime prime minister.”

Trump suggested, too, that he was in zero rush to reach an agreement with Iran if the regime didn’t come to the table.

“We’d have to open the [Strait of Hormuz] that would open immediately, so we’re gonna give this one shot. I’m in no hurry. Everyone is saying, ‘Oh, the midterms.’ I’m in no hurry… Ideally, I’d like to see few people killed, as opposed to a lot,” Trump responded when asked if he would accept a limited deal.

His remarks came just hours after Israel’s Channel 12 reported that Trump and Netanyahu had a call overnight that was described as “lengthy and dramatic.”

It wasn’t clear exactly what was discussed but the talks came as Trump and Netanyahu appeared to be “on the verge of a decision” regarding the ongoing war.

Neither the White House nor Netanyahu’s office commented on the contents of the call.

The contact came just hours after Trump threatened to follow through with his threat of “big hit” strikes if Iran doesn’t agree to a deal soon.

Trump vowed that he had come very close to scrapping his six-week cease-fire on Tuesday but changed his mind in the hopes of more diplomatic talks.

Follow The Post’s live coverage of President Trump and national politics for the latest news and analysis

“I was an hour away from making the decision to go today,” Trump said. “We may have to give them another big hit. I’m not sure yet. You’ll know very soon.”

Trump and Netanyahu spoke on Sunday, too, soon after Iran rebuffed America’s latest peace proposal.

Both nations are said to be now preparing to resume war with Tehran over the stalled efforts.

Meanwhile, the Iranian regime stepped up its threats Wednesday — vowing to attack countries outside the Middle East if the US or Israel starts it bombing campaign again.

“If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will extend beyond the region this time,” Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said in a statement aired on state media.

Start your day with all you need to know Morning Report delivers the latest news, videos, photos and more.

Tehran didn’t elaborate on what potential targets it would strike beyond the Middle East.

Both Trump and Netanyahu said they launched the war to curb Iran’s support for regional militias, dismantle its nuclear program, destroy its missile capabilities and create conditions for Iranians to topple their rulers.

A defiant Iran, however, has so far rejected terms of the deal.

Instead, the regime is seeking sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz and the withdrawal of US troops from neighboring countries — with no nuclear concessions.

Read original at New York Post

The Perspectives

0 verified voices · Three viewpoints · Real discourse

Left
0
Be the first to share a left perspective
Center
0
Be the first to share a center perspective
Right
0
Be the first to share a right perspective

Related Stories