Thursday, August 20, 2026
Privacy-First Edition
Back to NNN
Technology

UK Prime Minister weighs in on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move

Add Page Six on Google UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham called the security arrangements for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for their return to Britain a “private matter.”

“It’s a matter for Harry and for Meghan,” Burnham, 56, told the BBC in his first comments about the couple’s impending move on Wednesday.

“We wish them well in the move that they are making,” he added.

Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the UK at the end of the month for an “extended period” with their children: Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5.

“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to Page Six Wednesday.

We also hear Archie and Lilibet will attend school in the UK.

Additionally, we confirmed King Charles III, who has cancer, was only just informed of the move on Sunday, despite reuniting with the Sussexes and their children in England last month.

“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” an insider told Page Six.

Harry and his wife famously quit their royal duties in 2020 and moved to Montecito, Calif., where they own a $14 million estate.

The couple’s journey across the pond in July didn’t go as planned, after they were denied taxpayer-funded security and Buckingham Palace withdrew its offer to let them stay at the royal residence.

Harry was forced to spend most of the trip alone, with Markle, Archie and Lilibet flying in from Portugal to join Harry for their meeting with Charles, 77, and Queen Camilla, 79, at Highgrove House.

The “Spare” author has gone to court numerous times in an attempt to gain security for his family when they visit the UK, but has been denied repeatedly.

It’s not known what provisions are being put in place for his family’s security once they return to England.

Harry notably told the BBC last year, “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point.”

“And I think that it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show, you know, my children my homeland,” he shared.

Harry also insisted at the time he wanted “reconciliation” with his estranged family, adding, “Life is precious.”

Despite the impending move, Page Six confirmed Harry is still not on speaking terms with his brother, Prince William.

We also hear it’s not expected that Archie and Lilibet will see William and Kate Middleton’s kids — Prince George, 13, Princess Charlotte, 11, and Prince Louis, 8.

Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. Read our guidelines here

Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.

In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.

Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:

User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:

Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!

Read original at New York Post

The Perspectives

0 verified voices · Three viewpoints · Real discourse

Left
0
Be the first to share a left perspective
Center
0
Be the first to share a center perspective
Right
0
Be the first to share a right perspective

Related Stories