Add Page Six on Google Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK comeback has raised several burning questions six years after the couple left the royal family.
On Wednesday, Page Six confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be returning to the UK at the end of the month with their two children — Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet — for “an extended period.”
“The palace was made aware of the move,” a source confirmed to us, noting that Harry’s father, King Charles III, was notified on Sunday.
“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” an insider told Page Six, possibly referencing the 77-year-old’s current cancer battle.
We’re also told that Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5, will be enrolled at a school there.
Keep scrolling to read the eight questions people have about the couple’s shocking return to the UK.
The couple will travel back and forth across the pond; however, it is unknown how frequently they will.
Though Markle and Harry said they would keep their $14 million mansion in Montecito, California, a source in the Santa Barbara luxury real estate market told The Post there “have been rumblings” the couple will sell the property, adding that “every broker wants that listing.”
The Post revealed that the residence costs the couple a staggering $600,000-plus a year in mortgage payments and taxes alone.
The “With Love, Meghan” star will also want to travel back to the US to see her mother, Doria Ragland, who lives in Los Angeles.
On Thursday, Prime Minister Andy Burnham told the BBC that security arrangements for Harry and his family are a “private matter.”
“It’s a matter for Harry and for Meghan, and we wish them well in the move that they are making,” Burnham added.
As Page Six previously reported, once Harry and his wife left the royal family in 2020, they were stripped of automatic, taxpayer-funded British police protection.
The move triggered a multi-year legal battle with the UK government, concluding with the Duke losing an appeal in May 2025.
Sykes exclusively told Page Six that Harry’s return to the UK is a “huge slap in the face for William, and it does also create serious risks for the monarchy.”
Sykes said that given the longstanding feud between the brothers, the move will create a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for the Prince of Wales.
“What is gonna happen if Charles invites Harry to join the royal family for Christmas? What is gonna happen if Harry wants to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations?” Sykes asked.
Royal photographer Arthur Edwards also does not believe that William will be ready to forgive his younger brother.
“But while His Majesty may welcome back Harry and Meghan, I am not convinced brother Prince William will be so forgiving,” he told the US Sun.
He added, “It would take a great act of forgiveness and I’m not sure Wills is ready to do that.”
The sons of the late Princess Diana have been estranged since Harry quit the royal family in 2020.
Things got worse when Invictus Games founder and his wife accused the royal family of racism and released a Netflix series about their issues.
Then, in January 2023, Harry dropped his bombshell memoir, “Spare,” in which he alleged William, 44, physically attacked him over Markle.
Want more celebrity and pop culture news? Start your day with Page Six Daily.
According to Hello!, both Lilibet and Archie are already enrolled in school in Britain, with their term slated to begin in September.
Their parents have chosen to keep the name of Archie and Lilibet’s school private due to security concerns; however, the outlet reported that the school is close to their new non-royal residence in Britain.
Archie is enrolled in Year Three, while his younger sister is enrolled in Year One.
It is unclear if the Sussex children will attend Lambrook School with their cousins, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Markle, 45, and Harry, 41, will live in a private, non-royal residence outside of London.
Though the exact location remains undisclosed for privacy reasons, the BBC confirmed that the family of four will not live in a royal property.
Additonally, royal reporter Tom Sykes told Page Six exclusively that they would “potentially” make the Cotswolds near Highgrove their home, “because [Harry] knows the area very well.”
Harry and the “Suits” actress plan to be settled into their new home in the UK by the end of August.
Harry and Markle will not be returning to their old duties as royals when they go back across the pond.
Per CNN, the royal institution has made it clear over the years that the couple cannot do a “half in, half out” approach.
Sources told the US Sun that if there are discussions on any future royal role for Harry, it would need to take place between him and Charles.
Now that the Sussexes will be back in the UK, it is expected that they will attend family events more regularly, though it’s unclear where they will make appearances.
The US Sun reported that Charles is understood to want more private family time with his grandchildren, and that may include holiday gatherings.
The Sussexes will continue with their business enterprises.
Markle launched her lifestyle brand, As Ever, in early 2025. It features home goods, food items and curated collaborations.
It’s unclear if the Duchess will continue to appear in TV and film roles.
Meanwhile, Harry will continue to head his Invictus Games, which will take place in the UK next summer, and work as a patron for the WellChild Awards.
The couple will also continue to run Archewell Philanthropies.
Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. Read our guidelines here
Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.
In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.
Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:
User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:
Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!