Add The New York Post on Google Giancarlo Stanton has suffered another injury setback — and this one could jeopardize his season.
Stanton strained his other calf when he fell while running the bases earlier this week as part of his recovery program, manager Aaron Boone told reporters Saturday before the Yankees’ game against the Blue Jays.
New York Yankees’ Giancarlo Stanton is seen in the dugout as the New York Yankees play the Seattle Mariners on Thursday, August 13, 2026, at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, NY. Robert Sabo for NY Post He hasn’t played since April 24, when the 36-year-old designated hitter strained his right calf, and he suffered an initial setback in June when he sustained another right calf strain in a different area.
The strain to his left calf, Boone said, is a moderate grade.
“So what that means moving forward, we’re not ruling anything out,” Boone said. “He’ll obviously continue to work to try and get it right and hopefully be available, but obviously, we’re at a point in the calendar where it gets challenging. You also never know. Obviously bummed for him. Been working his tail off every single day here, trying to get this thing right.”
Stanton was hitting .256 with a .724 OPS at the time of his injury, and it marked the first subtraction from a Yankees lineup that has since dealt with injuries to Aaron Judge and Cody Bellinger, too.
New York Yankees’ Giancarlo Stanton reacts on the dugout fence on Aug. 13. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post “Obviously, it’s been a tough road where he kinda re-injured a different return of the calf muscle halfway through here and then — and now this,” Boone said. “So tough news and just feel for G because I know how bad he wants to be in there with us. But at the same time, it is what it is too, and we gotta just keep moving and try and hopefully get him right to where he still can be in the mix by the end.”
With just 33 regular-season games left after Saturday, though, there might not be enough time.