Friday, August 21, 2026
Privacy-First Edition
Back to NNN
Technology

Work on Trump White House ballroom can continue, Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts rules

Add The New York Post on Google WASHINGTON — The dance goes on for President Trump’s White House ballroom.

Work on the massive structure can continue for now, Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts ruled Friday, hours before a court order to stop construction would have taken effect.

The reprieve allows the $400 million building job to continue as the high court mulls the administration’s emergency plea for intervention.

Construction continues on the White House East Wing ballroom on August 20, 2026, in Washington, DC. Getty Images Trump last week asked the Supreme Court to suspend a decision by the DC Circuit Court of Appeals that would have halted the project at 11:59 p.m. ET Friday.

Roberts’ ruling doesn’t address the legality of the project, which two lower courts have said is unlawful due to a lack of congressional approval.

Solicitor General D. John Sauer, arguing for the administration, told the Supreme Court in his plea for relief that the renovations are “absolutely required and should not be enjoined” because any delay threatens President Trump’s safety after recent assassination plots against him.

He also pointed out the ballroom is already “65% complete” and “moving quickly toward total completion,” which would render the court fight moot.

Read original at New York Post

The Perspectives

0 verified voices · Three viewpoints · Real discourse

Left
0
Be the first to share a left perspective
Center
0
Be the first to share a center perspective
Right
0
Be the first to share a right perspective

Related Stories