Add Page Six on Google Prince Harry and his co-claimants have been ordered to pay $11 million after losing their High Court case against the Daily Mail’s publisher last month.
The payment is to be made in the coming week, the BBC reported Friday.
The Duke of Sussex is on the hook for the hefty sum, along with Sir Elton John, David Furnish, Sir Simon Hughes, Sadie Frost, Liz Hurley and Baroness Doreen Lawrence.
When the seven claimants lost their case in July, Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) sought an interim payment until the exact legal costs were decided at future hearings.
At the time, Judge Mr Justice Nicklin said the interim payment was due on Aug. 28.
The financial blow comes as Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are preparing to move back to England with their two children — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5.
Want more celebrity and pop culture news? Start your day with Page Six Daily.
While Page Six hears the couple are relocating from Montecito, California, to be closer to King Charles, another source told us Thursday that money played a “big” role in the decision.
Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. Read our guidelines here
Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.
In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.
Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:
User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:
Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!