Add The California Post on Google Police widened their search for even more suspected looters who rampaged through an AutoZone in East Los Angeles twice in less than 24 hours.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday released pictures of 14 additional suspects they say forced their way into the store on South Atlantic Boulevard around 3:30 am on Sunday August 9.
The sheriff’s office previously shared photos of 16 suspects allegedly involved in the “coordinated, mob-like burglary of the store.”
It resulted in significant loss and damage to the place, according to the sheriff’s department.
Investigators said the suspects may have also “participated in the previous day’s burglary at the same location which occurred during a street takeover” less than 24 hours earlier.
That attack began around 2:22 a.m. on Aug. 8, when one person allegedly smashed the store’s glass entrance doors and 10 others poured inside.
In all, the department is looking for help to find 41 suspects believed to be responsible for the smash-and-grab thefts after detectives had already appealed for help identifying 11 suspects from the first break-in.
The criminal free-for-all unfolded alongside street takeovers near Olympic and Atlantic boulevards.
Sheriff’s officials previously said that spectators at the first takeover were believed to have ransacked the AutoZone.
At a second street takeover the next night, more than 100 vehicles swarmed the intersection near the store, according to earlier reports.
Some in the crowd allegedly broke away and descended on the AutoZone, which had already been boarded up after Saturday’s looting.
Video showed the looters, many with their faces covered, breaking into the battered store and making off with arms full of merchandise.
At least $50,000 in goods and three cash registers were reportedly stolen.
Break-ins were also reported at AutoZone stores in Watts, Downey and Long Beach amid street-takeover activity across the Los Angeles area that weekend.