Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Privacy-First Edition
Back to NNN
Technology

Queen Camilla breaks silence on King Charles’ ‘quite difficult’ cancer diagnosis

Add Page Six on Google Queen Camilla broke her silence on King Charles’ cancer diagnosis in a candid conversation.

She recalled visiting a Maggie’s cancer treatment center just one week before her husband’s diagnosis was announced to the public and how not being able to say anything was “quite difficult.”

“I almost said something, but you know, felt that it wasn’t the time to say,” Camilla told Dame Laura Lee, chief executive of UK cancer charity Maggie’s, in a discussion shared via Instagram Wednesday.

“I was just longing to let it out, but obviously I couldn’t.”

Camilla said that because she couldn’t divulge the tough news at the time, she was “almost questioning” the patients at the center to find out more about cancer.

“I didn’t want to pry too deeply,” she explained. “But you know, normally when I went in, I was just talking to them. But I don’t know, I felt it was much more deep.”

Camilla also recalled looking at all the patients at the center “who were suffering,” and it made her “realize even more how important” cancer research and treatment is.

As Page Six previously reported, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Charles was being treated for benign prostate enlargement in January 2024.

Officials clarified that Charles was not diagnosed with prostate cancer; however, it was during that treatment that his cancer was detected.

Charles disclosed his diagnosis the following month.

“During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer,” Buckingham Palace announced in an official statement shared at the time.

Want more celebrity and pop culture news? Start your day with Page Six Daily.

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.”

It concluded, “His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

The details surrounding the monarch’s type of cancer and form of treatment have remained private.

In July 2025, Charles said his health improved significantly during a candid conversation with a cancer survivor.

That December, he gave another positive health update.

“Today, I am able to share with you the good news that, thanks to early diagnosis, effective intervention and adherence to doctors’ orders, my own schedule of cancer treatment can be reduced in the new year,” Charles revealed in a pre-recorded TV message as part of Channel 4’s “Stand Up to Cancer” night.

Though Charles’ cancer is not technically considered “in remission,” Buckingham Palace said in a press release that he has “responded exceptionally well to treatment,” prompting his recovery to reach a very positive stage.

Your voice matters. Discussions are moderated for civility. Read our guidelines here

Community Guidelines Welcome to the Page Six Community! Our community is about connecting people through open and thoughtful conversations. We want our readers to share their views and exchange ideas in a safe space.

In order to do so, we've created a simple set of rules that will improve your experience.

Your post will/might be rejected if it contains:

User accounts will/might be blocked if we notice:

Thanks for reading our community guidelines. Don't forget, freedom of speech is not the freedom of reach!

Read original at New York Post

The Perspectives

0 verified voices · Three viewpoints · Real discourse

Left
0
Be the first to share a left perspective
Center
0
Be the first to share a center perspective
Right
0
Be the first to share a right perspective

Related Stories