Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Privacy-First Edition
Back to NNN
Technology

Rams reveal injury timeline update on Puka Nacua, Myles Garrett and more

Add The California Post on Google The Los Angeles Rams are taking their time with two of the biggest stars on their roster, but Sean McVay offered an encouraging timeline Monday.

Wide receiver Puka Nacua and edge rusher Myles Garrett remained out of practice as they continue dealing with psoas soreness and knee swelling, respectively. McVay indicated neither absence is expected to linger much longer.

“Probably next week when we get those guys back,” McVay told reporters.

California Post senior sports reporter Michael Duarte, who is gathering information at the Rams’ practice facility, reported that both players are still considered day-to-day and neither injury is viewed as serious. Their continued absence is believed to be precautionary

Nacua has been sidelined since leaving last week’s joint practice against the Dallas Cowboys with what initially was described as groin soreness. McVay later clarified that the discomfort was coming from his psoas, a deep core muscle involved in hip movement.

Garrett has also missed roughly a week because of swelling in his knee. McVay previously said the newly acquired pass rusher was around “85 percent,” giving Los Angeles little reason to rush him back in August.

Neither Nacua nor Garrett was expected to participate in Saturday’s preseason matchup against the New Orleans Saints regardless of health, as McVay traditionally keeps established starters and key rotational players out of exhibition games.

The more concerning timelines belong to two younger players.

Rookie offensive lineman Keagen Trost and wide receiver Mario Williams are both expected to miss a “few weeks” after suffering hamstring injuries in the preseason opener against Kansas City.

Trost’s absence is particularly noteworthy given the uncertainty at tackle.

The Rams’ third-round pick started at right tackle against the Chiefs before exiting in the first quarter. He entered the preseason as an important depth option behind Warren McClendon Jr., who is preparing for his first season as a full-time starter, and Alaric Jackson, who could face a suspension stemming from a domestic violence allegation made earlier this summer.

With the Rams roughly three weeks away from traveling to Australia for their Sept. 10 opener against San Francisco, a multiweek absence leaves Trost little margin to work his way back before Week 1.

For Nacua and Garrett, however, Monday’s update was considerably more reassuring.

Both remain day-to-day, neither injury is considered serious, and the Rams appear content to err on the side of caution with two players they expect to be central to their regular-season plans.

Read original at New York Post

The Perspectives

0 verified voices · Three viewpoints · Real discourse

Left
0
Be the first to share a left perspective
Center
0
Be the first to share a center perspective
Right
0
Be the first to share a right perspective

Related Stories